Your First Week
Employees are encouraged to log into Self Service to view their pay stub, sign up for electronic T4s and update contact information. Employees are also encouraged to sign up for SMU Mass Notifications and entering/updating Emergency Contacts.
mySMU is a vital resource for quick access to key services at SMU. The mySMU tab is a small blue tab located under the search button on the top right corner of every page on the SMU website.
Additional University policies can be found here for your review.
Refer to your offer letter, which would indicate if your position at SMU is governed by a collective agreement.
- CUPE, Local 4388 (Stationary Engineers, Boiler Operators, Chief Boiler Operators)
- CUPE, Local 4491 (Trades)
- NSUPE, Local 20 (Maintenance, Security & General Workers)
- NSGEU Local 79 (Support staff)
- CUPE, Local 3912 SMU/TLC (The Language Centre)
- Application for Vacation Leave and Vacation Carryover (Administrative/Professional group)
- Application for Vacation Leave, Vacation Carryover, Overtime & Payment Request (Confidential Staff)
- Sick Leave Form (Confidential Staff)
NSUPE 20, CUPE 4491 & CUPE 4388
- Application for Leave, Overtime & Payment Request - available in paper copy through Facilities Management
- Application for Leave, Overtime & Payment Request - complete this form when requesting annual vacation, vacation carryover, sick time, overtime/lieu, as well as overtime and payment requests