Comprehensive Project Management
Develop the thorough knowledge, skills, and proficiency in understanding concepts, tools, and techniques that underpin the requirements you need to successfully lead projects; build strong, cohesive teams; and be recognized for excellence in your field. This course provides coverage of all aspects of the project management framework, with insight into best practices, that will enable strong stakeholder engagement, a thorough understanding of requirements, and successful delivery of projects.
As a professional, you will confirm the importance of project management best practices, and their contribution in delivering successful projects, within your organization. To add value, best practices must be understood, applied, and supported by organizational leaders. A thorough understanding and application of the key concepts are covered in this program. Enroll your project team members, and imagine the productivity and effectiveness of a team who all understand project processes, common terminology, and a common approach to successful project management.
Project Team Members
Fast track your career in Project Management. Become an integral part of project success, and be valued and recognized for your project management savvy. This 8 day program is designed to provide the in-depth, and well rounded expertise you require to be a fully engaged and knowledgeable team member. The comprehensive coverage of project management knowledge areas, process groups, and process activities, provides a solid understanding of all aspects of project management which can be applied immediately after participation in class, assisting in increased project management recognition, as well as career development.
This eight day certificate program provides a full 360°review of all process activities as outlined in the sixth edition of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®). Project managers and leaders will learn valuable concepts to enable the use of best practices in your industry, and be recognized for your ability to successfully lead organizational projects. Team members will find value in this program, to enable them to be fully engaged in work projects in your team role, or take on new project responsibilities and growth in your project management career. This course is so comprehensive, both project managers and team members have used this extensive knowledge as their foundation for preparing to write the PMP® or CAPM® certification exams. A Capstone project, highly rated group work sessions, tests, and unique learning aids, allow time to apply key concepts, and build an understanding of the critical elements that lead to project success.
Program Content: The Certificate in Comprehensive Project Management aligns with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) 6th Edition
The Certificate in Comprehensive Project Management consists of three modules: Modules 1 and 2 are three days each, and Module 3 is only two days for a total of 8 days of programming. The modules must be taken in order.
Applied Learning Opportunities
The in-class instructor led course will use group and individual exercises, tests, and unique learning aids throughout the three modules in the classroom.
The on-line instructor led course utilizes the same learning aids. The eight days are restructured to use a small selection of pre-recorded videos, and limited homework assignments throughout the modules, enabling more on-screen time for more difficult concepts, reviews, group activities, discussions, and application of the key learning concepts.
8 Day Certificate
Fall 2020 Session (3 Modules): (ONLINE)
Module 1: October 7 - 9, 2020 (Wed - Fri)
Module 2: October 19 - 21, 2020 (Mon - Wed)
Module 3: November 4 - 5, 2020 (Wed - Thurs)
Spring 2021 Session (3 Modules)
Module 1: April 7 - 9, 2021 (Wed - Fri)
Module 2: April 19 - 21, 2021 (Mon - Wed)
Module 3: May 3 - 4, 2021 (Mon - Tues)
Module 1: Project Introduction, Framework, Integration, Stakeholders, and Scope
Fall 2020 Session: October 7 - 9, 2020 (Wednesday - Friday)
Spring 2021 Session: April 7 - 9, 2021 (Wednesday - Friday)
- Introduction to the 8 day certificate program
- Common project management terminology
- Powers of a Project Manager; Key roles and responsibilities
- What is the role of project management office?
- Complete review of all processes in Integration, Stakeholder, and Scope Knowledge Areas
- Introduce the Capstone project to initiate a project, and identify stakeholders
Module 2: Project Schedule, Cost, Quality, and Resources
Fall 2020 Session: October 19 - 21, 2020 (Monday - Wednesday)
Spring 2021 Session: April 19 - 21, 2021 (Monday - Wednesday)
- Key types of scheduling methods
- Building task sequences for a realistic schedule
- Three point estimates, standard deviation, and task variances
- Complete review of all processes in Schedule, Cost, Quality, and Resource Knowledge areas
- Developing cost estimates and knowing when to baseline the project
- Understanding quality concepts, tools, and techniques
- Calculating the Mean, Median, and Mode
- Interpreting a Bell Curve and understanding normal distribution of datapoints
- Five theories of motivation
- Use the Capstone project, group and individual exercises to apply key learning concepts
Module 3: Project Communications, Risk, and Procurement, and Review
Fall 2020 Session: November 4 - 5, 2020 (Wednesday - Thursday)
Spring 2021 Session: May 3 - 4, 2021 (Monday - Tuesday)
- Importance of communications to project success
- Communication models and blockers
- Performance reporting and earned value analysis
- Complete review of all processes in Communications, Risk, and Procurement Knowledge Areas
- Further develop the Capstone project to assess risk, plan responses, and plan communications
- Review difficult concepts from select areas, plus a final written test will bring the course to completion
PMP®, CAPM® and PMBOK® are all trademarks of The Project Management Institute, Inc