What is the Dean’s List?
- Saint Mary’s University recognizes students of high academic standing by placing them on the Dean’s List.
- Evaluation for placement on the Dean’s List occurs at the end of the academic year (i.e., shortly after May 1st).
- Placement on the Dean’s List is recorded on the student’s academic transcript.
Who is eligible for the Dean’s List?
- Students enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Engineering program are eligible for placement on the Dean’s List.
How do I apply for the Dean’s list?
- Automatic Assessment:
- New Students admitted in the previous September, will be automatically placed on the Dean’s List if they have completed at least 24 credit hours in the academic year with a GPA of 3.67 or above.
- Returning students will be automatically placed on the Dean’s List if they have completed at least 30 credit hours in the previous 12 months with a GPA of at least 3.67.
- By Application:
- Students who do not fall into the above two categories may officially apply for placement on the Dean’s List. Placement will be based upon achievement of a GPA of at least 3.67 on at least 30 credit hours completed between the start of a term in a previous year and the end of the current academic year.
- After having been placed on the Dean’s List, these students must take at least 30 additional credit hours to qualify again for placement on the Dean’s List.
- You would fall into this category if you:
- Took courses on Letter of Permission at another institution
- Were enrolled on a part-time basis or completed less than 30 credit hours in an academic year.