Understanding Financial Statements
Learn how to understand and interpret financial statements. The mysteries of accounting terminology will be revealed. Deepen your understanding of balance sheets and income statements.
Understanding Financial Statements is a required seminar for the Series for Excellence in Financial Management.
(ONLINE - 2 partial days)
August 12 - 13, 2020
October 5 - 6, 2020
February 24 - 25, 2021
Fee: $420 + HST
Facilitator: Debi Peverill, BComm, CPA, CA
Location: Saint Mary’s University Halifax NS
Why are there three financial statements?
- What does a balance sheet do?
- What is the purpose of an income statement?
- What do we need a cash flow statement for?
Indicators of Financial Performance
- Learn how to calculate the key ratios and what financial decisions will improve these ratios
- Asset management
- Profitability and growth
Case studies – using actual financial statements participants will test their skills in figuring out what the financial statement is saying.
- Analysing profitability
- Analysing liquidity
- Calculating the relevant ratios
What You Will Learn
- How to read a financial statement and understand what it says
- A better understanding of how accounting principles affect financial statements
- How to calculate the most common ratios
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- are given financial statements at meeting
- are in charge of a department or a cost center
- wish to understand financial statements better