ADVISING HOURS FOR CRIMINOLOGY STUDENTS
Please contact faculty for advising appointments as needed.
- Diane Crocker, Chair, email@example.com (MS 419) - Monday & Wednesdays 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Stephen Schneider, firstname.lastname@example.org (MS 415) - Friday 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Jamie Livingston, email@example.com (MS 431) - on sabbatical leave from September 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020
- Rachael Collins, firstname.lastname@example.org (MS 409) - Tuesday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm (or by appointment)
- Maria Gomez, email@example.com (MS430) - Tuesday 1:30 - 3:30 pm, Thursday 2:00 - 6:00 pm
- Ashley Carver, firstname.lastname@example.org (MS402) - on sabbatical leave from September 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020
- Jay Healey, email@example.com (MS416) - Monday, Wednesday 12:45 - 3:45 pm
- Vanessa Iafolla, firstname.lastname@example.org (MS420) - Monday, Wednesday 4:00 - 6:00 pm
When you arrive for your appointment, please be sure to already:
- Have read relevant sections of the Academic Calendar
- Have copies of your most recent transcripts from Banner with you (we will be unable to print copies for you)
- Have reviewed and completed the appropriate worksheets (see below). Be sure to bring this material with you.
The department has a number of Academic Advisors who are able to help you sort through degree requirements, talk about career options, and help you navigate to other university resources.
Students are bound to the general arts requirements/degree requirements for the year in which they enrolled. They are bound to the major requirements of the year in which they declare—but are able to declare their major at any time (or re-declare in the event that they want to change their major) and take advantage of the requirements of that particular year.
- Worksheet for Criminology majors CRIM Major worksheet
Students are encouraged to use Degree Works to track their academic progress, including what courses are needed to satisfy the requirements for a major or minor in criminology. Degree Works is available to all SMU students. Find out more here: https://smu.ca/academics/degree-works.html