Family & Graduate Housing
Family & Graduate Housing (F&GH)
Saint Mary's University offers one- and two-bedroom apartments for student families, graduate students, and other eligible individuals associated with the University. The apartments are in the Loyola Building conveniently located on campus in the city's south end. A F&GH residence agreement/contract is required. Typically these agreements/contracts are 11 or 12 months in length. All Family & Graduate Housing residence agreements/contracts end on July 31 of a given year.
Monthly rent includes electricity, heat, water, hot water, range, refrigerator, cable TV service, phone set, local phone service, voice mail, access to the campus network, and wireless internet access. TV, coax cable, computer, and patch cords are not included. Card operated laundry facilities are located on the 2nd floor of the Loyola Residence Building. Janitorial service is provided for common areas throughout the building (i.e. elevator lobby, hallways). Please refer to the Residence Life Handbook for more information.
New drapery will be installed in summer 2016. Meal plans are optional.
An application fee of $25 CDN (non-refundable) must accompany the application. Applications are available from the Housing & Residence at email@example.com or 902.420.5598. Enrollment in our Pre-Approved Debit (PAD) system is a condition of occupancy; individuals can complete the necessary paperwork when signing the FG&H residence agreement. (This allows monthly rent to be deducted from a bank account of the resident's choice on the first day of each month.)
Family & Graduate Housing monthly rental rates are available through the Housing & Residence (902.420.5598 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
Individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria below are eligible to apply for Family & Graduate Housing at Saint Mary's University. The Director of Housing & Conference Services is responsible for decisions regarding eligibility for these accommodations:
- Married and common law couples, with or without children, one or both of the spouses being a student at Saint Mary's University. Preference is given to those in full-time attendance; however, part-time students will be considered.
- Single parents who are attending the University and whose children will be living with them at the University.
- Students enrolled in a graduate and Ph.D. degree programs at the University.
- Single students who have a disability which makes the more traditional style of residence unsuitable for their needs. All attempts will be made initially to house these students in Single Student Housing.
- Saint Mary's University staff and faculty, as well as eligible students from other institutions in the area, may be considered for Family & Graduate Housing once all student applicants have been satisfied.
These apartments include one bedroom, a kitchen, a living-dining room, a bathroom, a hallway, a storage area (in some cases), and closets. Most one bedrooms face west, overlooking Halifax's North West Arm of the harbour. A few face east, overlooking Huskies Stadium and the Halifax Harbour.
These apartments include two bedrooms, a kitchen, a living-dining room, a bathroom, a hallway, a storage area, and closets. Our two bedroom apartments face east and overlook Huskies Stadium and the Halifax Harbour.
|Two Bedroom Regular
||Two Bedroom Large
|Total Area||768 square feet||Total Area||984 square feet|
|Bedroom 1 Size||10 x 15 ft||Bedroom 1 Size||10.5 x 16 ft|
|Window Size||9' wide x 70” long||Window Size||10 ft wide x 70” long|
|Bedroom 2 Size||9 x 14 ft||Bedroom 2 Size||9 x 16 ft|
|Window Size||8' wide x 70” long||Window Size||8' wide x 70" long|
|Living/Dining Room||12.5 x 17 ft||Livingroom||13.5 x 21 ft|
|Window Size||12' wide x 70” long||Dining Room||8 x 11 ft|
|Kitchen Area||77 square feet||Window Size||19' wide x 70” long|
|Storage Area||26 square feet||Kitchen Area||92 square feet|
|Storage Area||23 square feet|
Two-Bedroom Apartments with Dining Room
These apartments are similar to our two-bedrooms noted above, but also feature a large L-shaped living and dining room (Type D).