MBA Learning Goals
At the Sobey School of Business, we have developed learning goals to prepare you for strong and innovative business leadership.
- Business Knowledge and Competency
Graduates will integrate knowledge of the functional areas of business and apply this understanding to solving complex problems experienced by organizations. Graduates will:
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the functional areas of business, and how to effectively integrate and apply this knowledge.
- Assess the opportunities and risks faced by organizations of different size, ownership and governance structures, and develop innovative strategies to address problems and opportunities.
- Global Perspective
Graduates will recognize and adapt to the increasingly interdependent and global nature of business. Graduates will:
- Recognize and account for the effects of different influences (e.g. economic, political, cultural, social, technological and ecological) on organizations.
- Develop the inter-cultural competencies needed to succeed in diverse environments.
- Responsible Leadership
Graduates will recognize the need for personal and organizational leadership that is effective and socially responsible. Graduates will:
- Develop the inter-personal skills needed to work effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrate leadership through service and accountability to all constituencies.
- Incorporate the broader ethical and socially sustainable context into their decision making.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
Graduates will critically evaluate issues and problems in organizations. Graduates will:
- Demonstrate competence in analytical reasoning, including analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, to form evidence-based judgments.
- Collect, critically evaluate and synthesize data info meaningful information.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
Graduates will make sound decisions and implement responsible solutions to problems in organizations. Graduates will:
- Translate evidence-based judgments and decisions into effective, creative and sustainable solutions.
- Managerial Communications
Graduates will communicate effectively their decisions using appropriate, professional communications. Graduates will:
- Prepare, both individually and in teams, business documents that communicate clearly and professionally.
- Deliver, both individually and in teams, well-organized business presentations that are clear and professional.