Fred Smithers Centre
Online Resources for Students with Disabilities
The organizations, Web sites and other resources listed here are not exhaustive, nor is their inclusion intended as an endorsement by the Fred Smithers Centre. Rather, these listings are intended to assist students and those working with students in their efforts to better address the academic, social/emotional and career development needs of students with disabilities.
The educator's guide to learning disabilities and ADHD. A great place to start.
- Davis Dyslexia Association International
Detailed info on reading difficulties.
- Recording for Blind and Dyslexic
- The Foreign Language Teacher's Guide to Learning Disabilities
- Muscular Dystrophy Canada
- Saint Mary's University Student Services
- Grants for Students with Disabilities
- Employment Centre Placement officer for students with disabilities: Stephen Noel: 902-496-8796, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Atlantic Centre Brochure [PDF]
The Atlantic Centre is the previous name of the Fred Smithers Centre.
- Faculty Handbook
A resource for faculty to understand and assist students with disabilities.