Photo: Jamie Steeves
|ARTS PROGRAMS AT A GLANCE|
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Arts (Advanced Major)
Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
Master of Arts – Atlantic Canada Studies, Criminology, History, International Development Studies, Philosophy and Women’s Studies
Atlantic Canada Studies
International Development Studies
|Produced by the Public Affairs Department and the Faculty of Arts||
Photo: Sandor Fizli
- Saint Mary's has the largest Arts Faculty in Nova Scotia.
- At Saint Mary's you can take an Arts degree while minoring in Business or the Sciences.
- The 20-credit program provides added program diversity.
- Metro inter-university programs allow you to draw on the best resources local universities have to offer. Programs are available in Film Studies, Linguistics and Women's Studies.
- Saint Mary's is the only University in Canada where you can complete an undergraduate degree in Irish Studies.
- Saint Mary's has the only stand-alone Criminology program in Atlantic Canada, which includes the Bachelor, Honours, Graduate Diploma and Master's.
- The Creative Writing program enables students to have their work published in a University publication.
- Cultural life on campus includes an Art Gallery, a performing arts series, the Saint Mary’s Drama Society, a Writer-in-Residence reading, and a Public Philosophy Lecture Series.
- Saint Mary’s has the only Asian Studies program in Atlantic Canada.
- Saint Mary’s is the first Canadian university to offer a Shakespeare course at Stratford-upon-Avon, England as part of its English program.