Tuition and Fees
View Tuition and Fees for the Academic Year (September- August).
- Use our Tuition Calculator to estimate your tuition costs including residence & meal plan!
- SMUSA Student Fees and Medical Insurance fees
- Miscellaneous Fees
- Tuition and Fee Regulations
- Ancillary fees explained
2019-2020 Undergraduate Tuition
September 2019- August 2020
Tuition and Fees (includes all per-course mandatory fees)
|Course Type||Arts||Commerce||Science & Engineering||Co-op|
|Nova Scotia *
|Out of Province
Tuition includes per course (half credit) mandatory fees: Arts Learning Resource ($10), Science Technology ($30), Sobey School of Business Career Services ($10), Campus Renewal ($35), Recreational Facilities Renewal ($11), Copyright ($3), Sports & Recreation ($5) and Student Services ($5).
*Nova Scotia residents receive the NS University Student Bursary of $128.30 per half-credit courses, which is deducted from the cost of each half credit (3 credit hour) course.
**International students who provide Landed Immigration or Permanent Citizenship papers to the Service Centre (Enrolment Services) will have their tuition adjusted, starting in the next academic term.
Want to see how everything adds up? Use our 2018-2019 Tuition Calculator!
This powerful tool will allow you to explore different options and costs,
based on your specific tuition, residence, meal plans and more.
2020-2021 Student Fees
Student fees are comprised of:
- SMUSA (Saint Mary's University Student Association) fees (full-time or part-time)
- U-Pass (University bus pass)
- Medical & Dental (read below for opt-out instructions)
Full-time Student Fees- for students taking nine (9) credit hours or more in a term.
|SMUSA Full-time Student Fee||$165 ($82.50 per term)|
|U-Pass (Bus Pass)||$164.50 (Charged in Fall term)|
Students who register for the Winter term only will pay one term of student fees:
Full-time ($82.50-SMUSA + $82.25-U-Pass) OR Part-time ($30.50-SMUSA)
Part-time Student Fees- for students taking less than nine (9) credit hours in a term.
|SMUSA Part-time Student Fee||$31.00 per term|
- If you do not require your Fall U-Pass and wish to waive your Fall U-Pass fee, please contact email@example.com.
- If a student is registered in two or more courses for the May-June term they will automatically receive the Summer U-Pass at a cost of $82.25.
- Students who are taking one or more courses over the May - June and/or July - August terms can opt-in and purchase a U-Pass at the Service Centre for $82.25.
- U-Passes will be valid from May 1st- August 31st.
- For questions regarding the Summer U-Pass please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2020-2021 Medical & Dental Plans
Medical and Dental plans are administered by the Saint Mary's University Student's Association (SMUSA).
Medical Plan - Full time Canadian, Permanent Residents & International students
|Canadian Full time only||Single||Family
|12 Month (Sept - Aug)||$177.00||$369.00||$409.00||$449.00|
|8 Month (Jan - Aug)||$118.00||$246.00||$273.00||$300.00|
|International Full-time/Part time only||Single||Family (1 dependent)||Family (2 dependents)||Family (3 dependents)|
|12 Month (Sept - Aug)||$1,020.00||$2,053.00||$2,935.00||$3,817.00|
|8 Month (Jan - Aug)||$680.00||$1,370.00||$1,957.00||$2,545.00|
Dental Plan - Full time Canadian, Permanent Residents & International students Plan
|12 Month (Sept - Aug)||$98.00||$196.00||$221.00||$246.00|
|8 Month (Jan - Aug)||$66.00||$131.00||$148.00||$164.00|
Medical and Dental Plan Information:
Students with comparable medical and dental coverage may opt out of the University medical and dental plans each year as indicated below:
Canadian Students: Opt out Online through SMUPort
International Students: To opt out of all or part of the health coverage, email email@example.com.
Opt Out Deadlines: Fall Term - September 25, Winter Term - January 25
Questions? Contact the SMUSA Health Plan Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.496.8754