Centre for Environmental Analysis and Remediation (CEAR)
The Centre for Environmental Analysis and Remediation (CEAR) is an analytical instrument facility that supports both teaching and research activities at Saint Mary’s University.
Located in the Science Building, CEAR houses analytical instrumentation used in the areas of chromatography, mass spectrometry and elemental analyses.
These technologies are particularly suitable for:
- Separation and purification of compounds in mixtures
- Structural interpretation and identification of analytes
- Quantification of elements and compounds
- Evaluation of purity of synthesized compounds
- Characterization of unknown substances
CEAR offers the service of analysis of samples to internal and external users, method development and training in instrument use. For more information, contact Us.