Athletics & Recreation
To view the weekly class schedule please click the following link to the programs and schedules page
Group Fitness Class Descriptions
Tabata - Total Body HIIT - Bootcamp: An action packed fitness class filled with High Intensity Interval Training designed to challenge your body, burn fat and build lean muscle
Cardio Mix/Classic Cardio: Back to the basics with all the fun and fabulous music and moves that you love including the occasional Zumba flare.
Drop in Yoga: Introductory Yoga good for those who want flexibility and relaxation.
Body Sculpt: using tubing, weights, bars, balls, balance boards, and more.
Strong by Zumba: think burpees, pushups, and other high-impact moves — synced to specific music.
Zumba: Fun, effective, easy to follow, Latin-inspired, calorie burning dance fitness party!
Body Works: Fun filled class which challenges cardiovascular, strength and flexibility.
Spin: If you are new to spin, please arrive early to be sized for your bike. Spin classes do not require bike reservation. Arrive early to secure your bike.
You can register:
- In person at the Front Desk of The Homburg Centre.
- Over the phone (902-420-5555) with Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
Registration Terms & Conditions
Please note that our Active Living Registration policies have changed:
- The member Early Bird rate is available to only SMUfit members, up to the posted early bird date. To qualify for this rate, membership must cover the entire length of the paid program.
- There are no refunds or credits for a canceled class; Management will make every attempt to provide a replacement class.
- Full registration fee is required at time of registration, regardless of registration date; SMUfit cannot prorate or discount for late registration.
- Single class rate of $14 +hst (member) or $18 +hst (non-member) is available the day of the class, space permitting.
Refunds & Cancellations
- A refund will be issued to you if the program is canceled due to low registration.
- No other refunds are permitted