Athletics & Recreation
Please Follow the Link at the Bottom of this Page
It is the mission statement of the Saint Mary's University Intramurals program to provide an atmosphere where all SMUdents may develop leadership skills through the provision of interactive sport programming during the academic year, it is also in this environment where life-long friendships are created.
- To offer an environment where recreation and competiton meets diversity
- To provide students with activities and facilities that are conducive to excellence
- Teamwork- We realize that working together to acheive a common goal always yields great results
- Diversity - We understand the vast expanse of different cultures therefore we offer a space for everyone to feel at home
- Sportsmanship - Comradery is the pride of Saint Mary's University; here we foster it
- Integrity - We always maintain fairness and a moral standard for all participants
- Registration for each sport begins September 1st. For winter semester, registration begins on January 1st. Due to space restrictions, there may be limits to the number of available team spaces
- Entry forms will be accepted at the Intramurals desk within The Homburg Centre for Health & Wellness.
***PLEASE BRING YOUR STUDENT CARD TO EVERY INTRAMURAL GAME
- Current varsity athletes are not eligible to play their respective sport during the Intramural season
- ANYONE IN VIOLATION OF INTRAMURAL RULES AND REGULATIONS AND/OR ENTERING WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION WILL BE BANNED FROM THE PROGRAM AND/OR FURTHER PENALTIES
- TEAMS WITH INELIGIBLE PLAYERS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE LEAGUE
Full Time SMU Student
- Get your student card validated at the library
- Show student card to SMUfit staff at the Homburg Centre. Completion of paperwork is required
- There is NO cost for Full Time students
- Organize or get in on Intramural team/register as an individual
- Register ONLINE before the deadline
- On game days, you MUST bring in your student card to access facilities
Officials will be needed for all sports. Anyone interested in officiating, timekeeping, or reffing please apply with resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall Banquet: last Thursday in November; Winter Banquet: Last Thursday in March
- Food, Refreshments & Prizes!
- Open to all Intramural Athletes and officials.
- Fall Banquet 2018: November 29th, 2018
- Winter Banquet 2019: March 28th, 2019