The Counselling Centre
Mental Health Advocates: A Certification Program
To provide Saint Mary’s students with online training in order to increase literacy around topic related to mental health. Our goal is to help reduce stigma and provide education related to mental health to help achieve personal, academic and career success.
- Addressing Academic Anxiety
- Common Mental Health Disorders
- Creating Balance in a Non-stop World
- Emotional Resilience
- Loss and Grief
- Men’s Mental Health
- Mental Health Resources
- Overcoming Distress Intolerance
- Peers Supporting Peers
- Personal Boundaries
- Racial & Cultural Considerations in Mental Health
- Stress and Mental Health
- Suicide Awareness
- The Impact of Sleep on Mental Health
- Trauma: Personal Healing & Supporting Others
- Understanding & Coping with Anxiety
- Understanding & Coping with Depression
Qualifying for Co-Curricular Record Certification:
Students who complete a minimum of 20 hours of online modules (each module equals 1 hour) will be eligible to receive certification on their Co-Curricular Record (CCR). Participation in individual modules is open to all students, who are able to choose and review topics that are of interest or relevant to them, without committing to completing the entire certification process.
The Mental Health Advocates program is brought to you by The Counselling Centre.
Phone: 902-420-5615 | Location: Student Centre, 4th floor SC406 | Email: email@example.com