Apply for Residence
Once you have been accepted to Saint Mary’s, you can apply for residence when you get your SMUport ID, known as your “S” number. Your “S” number provides you with access to SMUport. The SMUport site is where you can access the Residence Portal to complete your application.
Follow these steps to get your “S” number:
- Visit our Account Activation page.
- Enter your “A” number (located in your acceptance letter) and password.
- Click “Activate” to get your “S” number.
- Log on to SMUport.
- Pay your residence application fee ($25 CAD) via credit card only, create a student profile, and select your residence preferences.
- Pay your residence confirmation deposit and submit your Residence Agreement to ensure your residence bedspace is reserved.
For more information about specific forms and ways to apply for housing and residence, please follow the link to the Residence resources page.