Executive and Professional Development
Writing Strategies for Winning Proposals
When opportunity knocks, it is often answered with a strong and effective proposal. For many organizations, new business and new funding are obtained with winning proposals. Internally travel approvals and project greenlights often require an informal proposal to make the case for approval. This course will look at the components of a successful proposal and common problem areas. It will also highlight trends in proposal writing and how expectations and requirements have changed.
Successful proposals are founded on information that resonates with readers and language that brings this content to life. This course will also look at how you can write to engage audiences and give you an opportunity to test your rewriting skills. A format for persuasive writing will be discussed.
Writing Strategies for Winning Proposals is a required seminar for the Series for Excellence in Written Communication.
DATES - 1 Day Seminar
June 19, 2019
Structuring material so it flows logically and smoothly
- Deciding what information to include
- Defining your audience appropriately
- Preparing a table of contents to guide structure and flow
- Writing to engage
- Using jargon, or not
- Developing a persuasive tone
- Using images to best advantage
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of the seminar, you will know how to:
- Develop a more convincing and persuasive style
- Target your content for each particular audience
- Stand out from the crowd
- Craft language that engages readers and increases understanding
- Avoid common proposal-writing errors and issues
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- write internal proposals or respond to RFPs
- work in a sales or marketing team
- are new to writing proposals
- want to hone your proposal-writing skills
- prepare RFPs or other proposal guidelines