Executive and Professional Development
Third Party Neutral
The impact of unresolved conflict affects us all, be it in our personal lives or in the workplace. Effective conflict management makes good sense from both a human resource and a financial perspective. Those who are in a position of support, guidance or leadership, must find methods to help themselves and those around them. Bringing parties in conflict together for the purpose of reaching mutually agreeable solutions can be challenging and uncomfortable. However, doing so effectively can result in a healthier work environment. Resolving conflicts early also reduces stress, anxiety, absenteeism and costs associated with more adversarial processes.
This workshop builds on the basic skills and techniques acquired in the Foundations course. It will provide participants with practical and specific skills, attitudes, and approaches required to bring parties together in a helpful and effective way. Participants will learn to assess whether or not mediation or facilitation would be appropriate, and who would be the best person to convene the conversation. If you are that person, this course prepares you to assist and guide the parties through a process to create mutual understanding, resolve issues, and keep the relationship intact! The results will be a more effective and respectful workplace.
Your involvement will help turn confrontation into collaboration. Everyone wins!
Third Party Neutral is an elective seminar for the Certificate in Managing Conflict.
DATES - 2 Day Seminar
June 26 - 27, 2019
February 18 - 19, 2020
June 10 - 11, 2020
What is Mediation, Facilitation, and Conflict Coaching?
- What are the governing principles?
- The Collaborative (IBN) Process including:
- Buy-In (Commitment) to the Process
- Establishing Guidelines
- Defining Issues
- Exploring Interests (What is important to the Parties)
- Developing Options
- Agreements and An Action Plan for Success
- Minutes of Settlement
- Follow-up and Evaluation of the Process
- The Use of Caucus
What You Will Learn
- How to facilitate conflict resolution as a third party
- When 3rd party assistance is and isn't appropriate
- Helpful preparation for self and parties in the process
- Stages and steps of the process
- Attributes of a third party neutral
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- are a leader, HR, union or support person who must deal with conflicts
- have an interest in improving workplace morale
- are involved in a personal or group conflict
- have an interest in using a collaborative process