School of the Environment
Graduate Research Opportunity
CBWES has received funding from the Clean Leaders Science Horizons Internship program to hire a recent graduate for a 9-month internship.
SAVE the DATE Science Atlantic Environment Conference-Advancing Policy with Science
March 16-18 at Mount Allison University, Sackville, New Brunswick
Stay tuned for updates, and save the date!
SWANA is now offering FREE Student Membership for full-time students (undergraduate, graduate, or PhD candidate) with an interest in environmental sciences, solid waste management or recycling-related professions
By becoming a member of SWANA, students can…
- Meet with current leaders and decision makers working in solid waste, environmental science, composting, and recycling who can lead to potential internships and become future employers
- Interact with peers from across the country and the globe who have similar study and career interests via online forums and local/national events
- Access #MentorMatch – the SWANA online mentoring site
- Learn more about industry trends and new technologies that can guide their course of study and lead to career opportunities
2017 Ocean Ambassador Program Coordinator is looking for volunteers for the World Ocean Council Sustainable Ocean Summit here in Halifax Nov 29-Dec 1, 2017 https://www.oceancouncil.org/event/sustainable-ocean-summit-2017/. Students, recent grads and job seekers can have FREE registration to this awesome networking event in exchange for volunteering their time (12 hours) during the event. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Environment Prize for Environmental Science and Bachelor of Environmental Studies Students
Deadline to apply: March 31, 2018
If you are an undergrad in your graduating year of the BSc-ENVS or the BES, you may be eligible for one of the Environment Prizes to be awarded at Spring Convocation. October 2017 graduates, and January 2018 and May 2018 potential graduates may apply. See below for complete details.
Notification of Intent to make a submission by Thursday, 31 December, 2017.
Students should e-mail their intention to enter the competition by providing their name, University, year and program, type of paper, and reasons for selecting their topic.
Final Submission of the article is required by Friday, 16 February, 2018.
Students should send an e-mail with their paper as an attachment. The “Notification” and “Final Submission” should be sent by e-mail to me at email@example.com
Honours Research Opportunity in Wetland Hydrology
• Senior ENVS, Geography or Biology returning to school in the Fall of 2017 and eligible for Honours
• Solid skills in Microsoft Excel, GIS and statistics (e.g., Minitab, SYSTAT)
• Independence, possess a strong work ethic, ability to work as a team and demonstrated ability to problem solve and apply innovative solutions to challenges
• A familiarity with hydrology and wetlands.
Tony Bowron, CBWES Inc., Dept. of Environmental Science (Adjunct)
John Brazner, NS Department of Natural Resources
Apply: Interested students should contact Tony Bowron (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Nature Trust is hiring for an exciting new position!
Qualifications: Master of Science or at least 5 years relevant field experience
Application Deadline: ongoing
The Nature Trust is now recruiting for the new position of Science and Stewardship Specialist. The Science and Stewardship Specialist will develop and coordinate the conservation science, stewardship, and field volunteer programs to advance the Nature Trust’s conservation mission.
For detailed position description with application instructions see our website:
ESAMS (Environmental Services Association Maritimes) Career Opportunities
http://www.esamaritimes.ca/career-opportunities.html (SoE does not maintain the ESAMS website. It is provided for your information)