Executive Education Course
Enhancing Business Performance through Co-operative Management Practices: How to Strengthen Identity, Loyalty and Participation
An interactive professional development opportunity focused on strategy and leading thinking in co-operative management coupled with tangible examples of how to translate knowledge into action. We encourage CEOs, senior managers, board members and keen staff from credit unions and non-financial co-operatives to join us for this learning and networking event.
Dates and Locations:
May 7-9, 2019 (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) - Hosted by Arctic Co-operatives
Get in touch with us if you would like to host in your area!
Cost: $1500 CDN (equivalents provided in USD and GBP for respective courses on registration form)
- Coffee and pastries in the morning, health breaks, and lunches are included.
- A group social will be hosted at a local restaurant for all course participants (often scheduled for day 2) with appetizers and drinks included (no additional charge).
- Some course fee subsidies are available on the basis of financial need.
Download the program flyer: Enhancing Business Performance Flyer 2018-19
Register now: Executive Education Registration Form
What to Expect:
- A hands-on and practical course that will expand your knowledge of co-operatives. Throughout the course, you are given the opportunity to test concepts, frameworks, and tools on your co-operative.
- Learn how to manage the co-operative equilibrium. The focus is placed on a model that captures the uniqueness of co-operative organizations, building on the dual nature of a member’s usership and ownership. We will address issues of core values and their purpose, the co-operative business model, and balanced scorecard to lead into discussion of a co-operative equilibrium. Emphasis is placed on the alignment from co-op values to key performance indicators. Cases of cooperatives successfully managing partially or totally this equilibrium will be discussed.
- Move from a potential identity crisis to the New Co-operative Paradigm (NCP). The traditional co-operative model is being challenged leading to an identity crisis. A model to better understand this reality will be introduced, taking into consideration both co-operative rules and market rules. In response to this state of crisis, an NCP is being proposed, showing how the emerging market rules can be of great advantage to co-operatives. Examine case studies and deep dive into implementation success stories such as the customer orientation strategy.
- Gain exposure to emerging concepts in the field of management and governance in the context of co-operative enterprises. This course will provide you with tools to better understand the existing culture in your co-operative along with techniques that promote engaged participation by members.
Lead Instructor: Daniel Côté
Executives in Residence: Guest presenters will provide additional diversity into the course content to complement the expertise of the course instructors and participants.
For more information contact email@example.com