Executive and Professional Development
Evaluation is a decision support tool used to enable decision makers to assess the current and future value of policies, programs, processes, structures, and tools. It is critical in the policy cycle.
This seminar will cover the full scope of evaluation in policy work. Policy options must be evaluated to assess their relative value. The policy implementation process must be evaluated to ensure it has been comprehensive and complete. Policies must be evaluated to ensure they have been and will continue to be effective.
Policy Evaluation is a required seminar for the Certificate in Policy Development and Implementation.
DATES - 1 Day Seminar
June 3, 2020
Introduction and overview to effective policy development and decision-making
- Application and Importance
- Requirements and Challenges
- Logic Models
- Evaluation Frameworks/Logic Models
- Data Types and Sources
- Timing and Key Issues
What You Will Learn
- When and how to use evaluation as a decision making tool in the policy process
- How to focus evaluation efforts to measure results
- Evaluation approaches
- Data types and sources
- How to interpret evaluation data to identify root opportunities and causes
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- are or wish to be involved in policy development as a policy analyst, influencer, or an implementer
- are responsible for policy, development, implementation or evaluation as part of your job
- oversee individuals who are responsible for policy development, implementation or evaluation
- rely on policies to do your job or ensure a well-functioning organization