Undergraduate Scholarships, Bursaries & Awards Application
Who can apply?
All students who were enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at Saint Mary’s University for the 2018-2019 academic year are eligible to apply.
What is the basis of this award?
Each scholarship, award and bursary have specific criteria. The information you provide will indicate the award(s) you are eligible to receive. The deadline for this application is May 1, 2019.
Part 1 - Application and Personal Statement: Complete your personal information and list your extracurricular activities (on-campus and community involvement). Your personal statement must describe your: (1) educational and career goals (2) leadership activities (3) extracurricular activities, including employment, your interests and hobbies (4) Saint Mary’s University community involvement (5) external community involvement and (6) your financial need. Also include anything that makes you special or unique that you have not included on your application form. Please make sure your personal statement letter follows the 6 criteria listed below:
- 750 words maximum
- Font - Calibri or Times New Roman
- 1 page single spaced maximum
- 2 pages double spaced maximum
- If you have financial need, clearly explain specific challenges faced in meeting your needs. This should include changes that have occurred which affected your ability to meet your needs and the steps you are taking to improve your financial situation.
- Please put your first and last name and A# on each page of your personal statement letter
Part 2 - Projected Budget (optional): Many awards have a financial need component along with additional criteria. To be considered for these awards you must submit the projected budget form.