Executive and Professional Development
Master Class in Strategy Formulation
Your organization’s success depends on effective strategic leadership. This seminar will help you to understand the challenges and opportunities that define the moment, what needs to be done, and how to mobilize people and resources with purpose and urgency.
This seminar puts the critical pieces of the strategy puzzle together in a straightforward way that increases process understanding, and will improve your ability to implement a set of proven analytic and design tools. Case studies and participants’ own organizational examples are used to illustrate and deepen the lessons.
Developed and delivered by Alex Lowy, acclaimed business strategist and author. Alex consults widely as a strategic advisor and educator, helping organizations address strategic challenges in a systematic and effective manner. His client work includes technology firms (HP, IBM), banks (CIBC, BMO) resources companies (Shell) and government (Ontario, City of Toronto, Metropolitan Toronto Police Force). He writes extensively on the topic of strategy and decision-making and is the author of several best-selling business books.
Combine with Master Class in Strategy Execution: The Theory and the Practice for the full Strategic Cycle.
DATES - 1 Day Seminar
May 6, 2020
- Strategic Focus
- Current State
- Future State
- Bridging the Gap
- Goal Setting
- Implementation Plan
- Monitor, Measure, Learn
- Examine the purpose and possibilities for strategic planning by considering a range of proven approaches
- Learn about the rationales that lie behind each approach
- Review of the ten most influential strategy models provides a comprehensive starting point
- Learn the Seven Step Winning with Strategic Planning Process
- Use the process to manage the strategy formulation effort
- Review best practice methods for each of the seven steps
- Understand the theory behind each of these methods
- Apply methods in real time to your organization
Cutting Edge Practices
- Explore exciting new practices in strategic planning, including business model design and applied dialectical reasoning design tools
What You Will Learn
- About the purpose, origins, and alternative approaches to effective strategic planning
- How to apply the seven core steps of an integrated best-practice strategic plan
- What conditions are necessary to achieve strategic success
- How to launch a strategic review and modeling exercise for your own organization
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- are an executive or manager tasked with maintaining direction for the organization/department
- want to be more effective at making better informed strategic decisions
- need to better understand how your organization’s strategic directions should be formulated