Executive and Professional Development
Manage and Grow Your Website: Creating a Better User Experience
Give your marketing team or those tasked with marketing activities in your organization the skills they need to work in today’s digital-first environment. This program teaches you what it takes to craft a great User Experience (UX) on your website. The curriculum provides a foundation in understanding your customers’ online journey, writing for the web, usability, accessibility, analytics, search engine optimization, and more.
Imagine the benefits of improving the digital-savvy of your marketing team so you can complete work in-house and reallocate digital budgets to more technical, complex projects. Your organization will be able to maintain and grow your website in a planned, strategic way.
Buying digital services will be done with more confidence and effectiveness. Reap the benefits to your business of improving your on-site conversions: sales, downloads, registrations, etc. by giving customers a more consistent, satisfying user experience.
Consider other new website user experience programming for 2018 - 2019 - Website Research and Governance.
DATES - 2 Day Seminar
March 9 - 10, 2020
What is User Experience
- The UX Honeycomb
- How the disciplines fit together
Audience - knowing the user
- Customer journey maps
Content strategy & planning
- What is content strategy
- From customer journeys to content
- Content audit and gap analysis
Writing for the web
- Content editorial
- Content structure
Search engine optimization
- Best practice for content, code, links, social
- How to measure SEO performance
- Overview of reports in Google Analytics
- Identify Key Performance Indicators and conversion events
- Measure content performance
- Sitemaps and menu systems
- Wireframes – understanding layout
- Evaluating usability of navigation, forms, layout, colours, etc.
- What is it and why it’s important
- Evaluating accessibility
What You Will Learn
- Evaluate your current site’s performance
- Plan, write and structure content that is more findable and increases conversions
- Identify roadblocks that are preventing customers from engaging with you
- Support website decisions with behavioural evidence (and say no to requests that are not in your customer’s best interest)
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- are in a marketing and/or communications role in organizations that have some responsibility for website management, either in planning or executing updates
- have an existing website with Google Analytics in place, and are familiar with the concepts in the description