Executive and Professional Development
Leadership is all about influence. Becoming a Good Boss demands an openness to continual growth.
In Good Boss, Bad Boss: How to Be the Best and Learn from the Worst, Robert Sutton helps us understand why self-assessment, reflection, feedback, knowledge and experience will be key to our success as leaders. Those leaders who fail to be open to feedback, lack interest in personal change or feel nothing can be learned from leadership courses are likely future Bad Bosses.
If you are in a leadership role with experience and previous leadership development but wish to strengthen your leadership skills this seminar is designed with you in mind.
How do you feel you are as a leader? How do others view you as a leader? Do people respect, admire and want to emulate? If so, fantastic but the journey is a continuous one and there is always more to learn. Becoming a Good Boss takes time, experience and a willingness to learn and adjust behaviours. Leadership 2.0 is an opportunity for those leaders wishing to maximize their potential as effective leaders.
Leadership 2.0 is a required seminar for the Series for Excellence in Leadership.
DATES - 2 Day Seminar
October 24 - 25, 2019
February 24 - 25, 2020
May 11 - 12, 2020
Maximizing your talents
- Assessment of your five most dominant themes of talent using the Clifton Strengths Finder Assessment
- How to leverage your talents to improving your performance
Factors influencing others’ behaviours
- HEXACO model of personality traits
- Prospect theory
- SCARF Model
- Arising from too much information
- Developing from not enough information
- When one needs to act quickly
- From the limits of memory
- Commitment and Consistency
- Social Proof
What You Will Learn
- Discover your top five talents using the Clifton Gallup Strengths Finder
- Gain clarity on factors that influence others’ behaviour and how to use that knowledge in adapting your leadership style to achieve best results
- Understand the common biases that affect us all in our decision-making and how to overcome them
- How to use different persuasion techniques to maximize your management effectiveness and close gaps in areas which may have been previously holding you back
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- want to improve your ability as a manager and leader
- want to develop awareness of what makes you thrive
- want to develop better influencing and persuasion skills
- want to develop your potential for advancement