Patrick Power Library
Help & Instruction
Research Help Hours:
Research support is available though email email@example.com or via text 902-702-3057.
Our virtual library hours for the Fall Semester are:
Monday – Friday: 9 am- 7 pm
Saturday: 1-5 pm
Research Help Desk staff understand how libraries and databases work. We can:
- show you how to search for books or articles
- teach you how to use databases and the web
- give directions to obtain material not on campus
- advise on where and how to look when you have run out of ideas
Outside of these times, Novanet Live Help may be able to answer your question. Live Help is an online chat-based reference service provided by Novanet libraries. This service is designed to respond to brief questions that can be answered quickly and effectively using online resources.
Research by Appointment
For in-depth research assistance, you can schedule an appointment with a librarian.
To request an online appointment, please contact the Virtual Research Help Desk by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by text 902-702-3057.
You can expect a response and meeting time within 1 business day. The more details you can give us about your topic, your research needs and where you've already looked, the better the librarian can prepare, so you can get the most out of your meeting time.
The Library's reference collection includes:
- specialist encyclopedias for many subjects
- dictionaries for subjects and for major languages
- directories of companies and organizations
- hundreds of encyclopedias, dictionaries, etc. in e-book format
Many guides on using library resources, such as the Library's catalogue and research databases are available online from the Library's website.