Do you want to get relevant work experience and get paid while completing your degree? Well then maybe co-op is for you. When you do the co-op program you get the necessary support and guidance to help you find work terms while you are completing your degree. A student in a co-op program is expected to complete three degree related practical work semesters while completing their degree. Co-op experiences have been found to lead to increased university satisfaction, assist with deciding what you want to do when you graduate, create a strong professional network with employers, higher starting salaries, and higher rates of employment once you have graduated.
If any of the above sounds of interest to you, then you should learn about a new pilot program we are offering, for First Year Commerce Students called Pathways.
- have an opportunity to meet with fellow new students who are also considering doing the co-op programming
- get to meet and know faculty members in related areas of business that may be of interest to you
- meet senior students who are completing co-op programs currently
- meet SMU alumni who are working in related co-op areas of business
- learn how to get career ready and learn what you need to be ready to apply for co-op in your second year
If you are interested in signing up for this exciting new pilot program, please complete the sign up form below.
Upcoming Information Session:
New Sessions for 2020/2021 annouced soon!