Faculty of Arts
Arts with Impact Speaker Series
The Faculty is pleased to offer the Arts with Impact Speaker Series. The intent of the series is to enhance students' awareness of the value of an Arts degree and the career paths open to them, through the stories and experiences of others. The initiative operates at the Department/Program level, whereby units identify appropriate guest speakers who can speak to the significance of the Arts in contemporary society. See the Arts Speakers Series guidelines and application. Submission deadlines are October 15, December 15 and February 15.
Unrelated to the Arts with Impact lectures, the Faculty of Arts also offers honorarium funds for other visiting speakers. Departments and Programs may apply using the Arts Visiting Speaker application and guidelines. Submission deadlines are September 15 and January 15.
The Faculty Handbook (.pdf) has been designed for new colleagues, based on extensive feedback from Saint Mary's community. This Handbook should provide guidance, direction, and support.
- Department Recommendation of New Part-time Checklist [Word]
- Department Review of Part-time Checklist [Word]
- Part-time Recommendation Form [Word - legal size]
- Adjunct Recommendation Checklist [Word]
- University Appointments Committee (UAC) Checklist [PDF](Please submit to the Dean's office 1 original and 6 copies.)
- Thesis Supervision Form [Word] (see Article 16.5.1)
Please submit completed forms to the Dean of Arts Office, McNally Main 218, by the nearest deadline date both before and after travelling:
January 3, March 31, May 31, July 31, September 30, and November 30.
Upon Return From Travel:
- Expense Report forms are available on the Financial Services department's SMUport channel.
- If you are not a member of the SMUport community, access the forms here.
For more details on travel-related expenses, please refer to Financial Services' Travel Information page.