Faculty of Arts
B.A. Advising Centre
The B.A. Advising Centre team is dedicated to helping you navigate through your degree. B.A. Academic Advisors are available to help students choose courses, understand degree requirements, declare majors and more.
We recommend that you visit a B.A. Academic Advisor at least once a year to make sure you are on track to meeting your educational goals. Download the B.A. Advising Syllabus 2019-2020 for detailed information on academic advising, important dates and resources available to you.
As Academic Advisors, our job is to help you:
- determine a good academic plan to achieve your educational goals;
- understand what is required of you academically, including degree and program requirements;
- make informed decisions about which courses to take and how to sequence your courses;
- explore program options (majors, minors, certificates);
- understand university regulations; and
- learn more about opportunities that will add value to your degree program (example: study abroad, co-op, field study programs).
Meet an Advisor during these drop-in times (no appointments necessary):
Monday to Thursday: 9:30 to 11:45 am; 1:15 to 4:00 pm
Friday: 9:30 am to 12:00 noon
Last meeting will start 15 minutes before end time listed. Drop-in hours are subject to change.
B.A. Advising Centre location and contacts:
McNally Main 214B (just off the Arts Commons)
923 Robie St., Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 3C3
Phone: 902-420-5437 | Fax: 902-491-8634
- Emily Anderson, B.A. Program Advisor
- Shawn Simamba, B.A. Program Advisor
- Robyn McIntosh, Undergraduate Advisor, Programs and Transfer
- Meet your Advisors
- Advising Office Hours
- Basic Art Requirements
- Academic Standing
- Dean's Conference Awards
- Student Forms
- Degree Programs
- Success Maps