Service Centre Forms
Academic Appeals Form (PDF)
- To appeal an official final grade.
- Required signatures on page two must be included before submitting to the Service Centre.
- For more information on final grade appeals, click here.
Academic Suspension Appeal Form (PDF)
- Students may appeal an academic suspension in cases of health issues, bereavement and/or other acceptable cause, duly authenticated.
- Return the completed form along with supporting documentation to your Faculty Advising Office.
Admissions - Courier Request (PDF)
- For students who wish to have their acceptance letter sent by courier instead of mailed.
Application for Graduation (PDF)
- To apply to graduate for an upcoming convocation ceremony.
- Applying to graduate does not guarantee your eligibility for graduation. For additional graduation information, click here.
Certificate Program Application (PDF)
- For current students wishing to pursue a certificate in addition to their current program.
- For additional information on certificate programs, click here.
- Students not currently enrolled at Saint Mary’s University who wish to complete a certificate program must apply through the Admissions Office.
Change of Address (PDF)
- Required to change your permanent address.
Change of Degree or Program (PDF)
- Use this form to change your current degree program and/or add a second degree program.
- Signed authorization is required from the Dean of the program you are switching to or adding.
- If you are thinking about changing your faculty, we recommend contacting your Academic Advisor.
Dean's List Application (PDF)
- Full time undergraduates with courses on a Letter of Permission.
- Undergraduates who have attempted at least 30 credit hours.
Directed Study Application (PDF)
- To be used if the academic unit wishes to offer a student either an approved directed study course or a regular approved course which is not offered in the current academic session. This form also serves as permission for Enrolment Services to register the student.
Graduate in Absentia (PDF)
- For students who will be graduating in an upcoming convocation ceremony but will not be attending the ceremony.
- This form must be submitted in addition to the Application for Graduation.
- For additional graduation information, click here.
Honours Application (PDF)
- Fill out the top portion of this form and return it to the Service Centre.
- The Service Centre will forward the form to the appropriate chairperson and Dean.
- For additional information on Honours programs, please click here.
- To invite friends and family members from outside of Canada to a convocation ceremony, students will need to request an Applied to Graduate Letter from the Service Centre. Requests can be made by email or in person.
- Late registration request forms must be obtained from your Faculty Undergraduate Advising Centre, or at the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research, as below.
- Late registration in any course is subject to multiple approvals.
- Students in a degree program: Visit your Advising Office to receive guidance and instructions.
- Visiting or Upgrading Students: Visit the Advising Office in the faculty offering the course(s) for which you wish to register.
- Graduate students in a degree program AND Visiting/Upgrading students at the Masters or Doctoral level: Visit the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research office to receive guidance and instructions.
Late registration requests must be obtained from your faculty representative.
Letter of Permission (PDF)
- For current students to take a course(s) at another academic institution for transfer credit to an academic program at Saint Mary’s University.
- Authorization required, as below, depending on your faculty.
Letter of permission requests must be approved by your faculty representative.
Major/Minor Declaration (PDF)
- Form must be signed by the Chairperson of the department responsible for your major/minor/concentration.
Potential Graduate Letter (Fomerly Degree Completion Letter)
The intention of this letter is to validate the date of a student's upcoming graduation and the degree/diploma/certificate which will be awarded.
- Student's who have applied to graduate AND have finished all of their courses may apply for a Degree Completion Letter. Student's must have a graduation status of: Pending Winter Graduation, Pending Spring Graduation or Pending Fall Graduation. This status can be viewed on the Degree Awarded box of the Academic Transcript in Self Service Banner.
- Students can make a request for a Degree Completion Letter online through Self Service Banner:
- Student Records
- Request Confirmation Letter
- Please follow instructions provided
- After a request is made, Degree Completion Letters will be emailed directly to the student once their Graduation audit is completed.
Withdrawal of Application for Graduation (PDF)
- To withdraw from a potential graduation list in order to return to active student status.
- Return form to the Service Centre in person or by fax, email, or mail.