Apply for Co-op
Students who are interested in applying to the program must meet these minimum requirements:
- You normally have completed at least 45 credit hours by the end of the semester in which you are applying. For example, students applying in fall for a summer work term normally have 45 credits hours by the end of the fall semester. In addition, transfer students must be enrolled in full-time studies at Saint Mary’s.
- Fall deadline (main intake for first work term in Summer) is in October. Summer deadline (smaller intake for first work term in winter) is in July.
- Students in their third year of studies should contact the Co-op office for more information before applying to the Co-op program, email@example.com.
- You have to declare a major once you are officially accepted into the co-op program
- Students in the Science Program must have at time of acceptance, and maintain a minimum 2.5 CGPA and a 3.0 GPA in their major courses.
- Students in the Sobey School of Business Program must have a minimum 2.50 CGPA at time of acceptance, and have a minimum degree GPA of 2.70 to graduate (maintaining a minimum of CGPA of 2.50 throughout the program.)
- Students in the Arts Program must have at time of acceptance a minimum 2.7 CGPA, and maintain a 2.7 CGPA throughout their studies.
- Students are expected to complete 3 co-op work terms alternating with academic terms before graduation. Each work term is approximately 12 – 16 weeks in length.
- See application for your program for additional details:
- Fall 2018 application deadline is Friday, October 5th, 2018 before 4:30 PM.