About Saint Mary's
Service Excellence: CAID
This is how the Centre for Academic and Instructional Development measures Service Excellence:
- Promoting and supporting an environment of professionalism and creativity
- Remaining current in our learning and teaching research and methodologies
- Ensuring CAID staff are well trained, respond promptly to inquiries and problem solve
- Posting and keeping a regular schedule in the Centre for Academic Technologies (CAT)
- Our programs and services are based on research and best practices in higher education.
- Our work with Faculty is grounded in disciplinary conventions and respectful of diversity (generational, cultural, gender, etc.).
- We work with academic departments and administrative offices in support of student engagement and success.
- We exhibit ethical and professional behaviour in all our interactions.
- We champion a campus culture that values, recognizes and rewards teaching.
- Consult with individual faculty in a supportive manner and hold the highest degree of confidentiality
- Use active listening to understand the clients’ needs
- Are conscious and sensitive to intercultural opportunities and challenges
- Provide a comfortable, safe and supportive environment
- Model collaborative and innovative approaches to teaching and learning
- Collaboration on initiatives in response to emergent trends in higher education
- Being responsible in our commitments
- Being timely in our responses to inquiries for support
- Our practice of intercultural dialogue and communication
- Conducting follow-up to ensure satisfaction and success
- Staff being friendly and providing excellent service
- Ensuring CAID offices, classroom and CAT lab are clean, cheerful and welcoming spaces
- CAID higher education resources collection (AT 106) being current and accessible
- CAT technology and equipment being up-to-date and in good working order
- CAT staff being knowledgeable about technology and equipment