About Saint Mary's
Service Excellence: Sobey School of Business
The Dean's office helps students find answers to any questions related to their specific program, research interests, or their degree. A variety of advising services are offered.
This is how the Office of the Dean, Sobey School of Business measures Service Excellence:
- We consistently implement and adhere to processes and policies and work to standardize procedures between departments.
- We are consistent over time.
- We are consistent between departments.
- We aim for consistency between the Sobey School and the rest of the University.
- We are accessible.
- Our hours are consistent and clearly communicated.
- During those hours we are ready to serve.
- Our communications are accurate.
- We have up-to-date and accurate information in order to provide very high quality advice and information.
- Our communication is friendly and supportive. We use plain language and employ appropriate non-verbal cues to communicate effectively in our multi-cultural environment.
- We are familiar with the other programs and services of the School and the University.
- We maintain a calm demeanour and work to create and foster a compassionate and caring environment.
- We identify with and listen to students.
- We are approachable.
- We communicate realistic timeframes and then meet them.
- Students know when they will 'hear back'.
- Students know what the next steps are.
- We support each other in meeting timeframes and deadlines.
- Our web-based services (blackboard, banner, websites) are reliable, accurate and helpful.
- Our offices are clean and inviting and we look and feel professional.
- Pat Bradshaw