About Saint Mary's
Nestled in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Saint Mary’s University is marked by iconic buildings, green spaces and fresh ocean air. A vibrant and culturally diverse community, Saint Mary’s lets students experience the world, all in one city block.
Proud to be a national leader in international and intercultural education.
- 29% of students are international, hailing from 118 countries
- Partnerships with 40 institutions in 25 countries
- Exchange programs and learning opportunities in China, Gambia, Northern Ireland and beyond
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
We mentor and develop innovators and entrepreneurs in every discipline.
- Saint Mary's Sobey School of Business is a national leader in business education.
- Cutting-edge academic and community programs
- Master of Technology Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- M.Sc. in Computing & Data Analytics
- Only Canadian university to offer BA in Entrepreneurship
- Saint Mary’s University Entrepreneurship Centre programs and entrepreneurial support
Urban, Mid-Sized University
Select, high-quality programs in Arts, Science, Business, Education, and Graduate Studies and Research.
- Average introductory class size is 40 students
- 7,000 full-time and part-time students
- 1,500 degrees and diplomas awarded each year
- More than 50,000 alumni worldwide
- $7.69 million in scholarships, fellowships and bursaries
Working with and for the community.
- 26 diverse PhD and Masters programs
- Home to 9 research chairs
- Placed 35 out of 100+ institutions for the intensity and impact of our research
- Over $8 million annually from external sources
- 1,000 research publications in the last five years