Electron Microscopy Centre
All EMC clients will be levied a nominal fee as partial cost recovery toward the operation and maintenance of EMC facilites. Charges for work performed by EMC staff (e.g. additional help on a project) may be higher than for the cost of equipment use rate alone. There is a minimum charge for 0.5 hour charge, after which time suitable increments (per beam hour) will be charged. As of May 1, 2011, New EMC user fees will apply to all users. The user fee structure as approved by the Dean's Office is as follows:
|Equipment and Services||Rate (fee per beam hour)|
|User Operation||Technician Service Operation|
|LEO 1450VP SEM|
|SEM digital imaging, including SE, VPSE, BSE, CL, EDS analyses with cold/hot stage.||$20.00||$20.00||$40.00||$65.00|
|EM Sample Preparation|
|Critical Point Dryer(1 run per hour)||$20.00||$20.00||$40.00||$40.00|
|Sputter Coater (fee/run)||$10.00||$10.00||$20.00||$20.00|
- “Beam hour” refers to the actual filament running time.
- All users are eligible to use the image processing software provided by the Center. The software includes AnalySIS and DigitalMicrograph.
- Users who plan to operate the EMC equipments are required to take a training session.
- Re-training is required for users who obtained training but were not able to operate the EM facilities within 6 months of orientation.
- External users must obtain prior approval form the Dean of Science to operate the EM facilities.
- Sould user's data exceed 100 MB, Comapce Discs will be provided upon request.
- Fees may be adjusted nominally over time. A current fee schedule will be posted on the EMC website.
To download a PDF format user fee schedule, please click here.