The Language Centre
Learn English, Experience a Culture
Study English at one of the leading English language centres in Canada
We’re proud of our friendly, diverse student community. With a wide variety of societies, clubs, and sports to choose from, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to get involved, make new friends, and practice your English.
Achieve your language goals for university, work, or travel, by enrolling in one of our English language programs.
The advantages of studying at The Language Centre
English language classes at Saint Mary’s give you a true taste of university life. As a student, you’ll benefit from:
- The opportunity to earn transfer credits toward your University degree for successful completion of language studies within specific pathway programs
- Year-round courses
- Intensive programs, including tutorials and our Conversation Partner Program
- Six different levels of personalized instruction
- Academic and cultural orientation
- Small classes (maximum of 18 students)
- Use of full university facilities, including libraries, bookstore, health clinic, and computer laboratories
- The option to choose from a variety of courses that each include cultural components to enhance your experience of the English language.
- Social activities program organized for The Language Centre students
- Access to Saint Mary's world class recreational facilities
The Language Centre at Saint Mary's University accredited by Languages Canada.
Click here to view our certificate of registration.
The Language Centre at Saint Mary's University abides by:
- Language Schools Act
- Language School General Regulations
- Language School Accreditation and Accountability Regulations
Regulations are amended frequently. Please check the list of Regulations by Act to see if there are any recent amendments to these regulations that are not yet included in the aforementioned consolidations.