Welcome Week marks the beginning of your life at Saint Mary’s
As a new student, you will enjoy a Welcome Week filled with social events and educational activities designed to help you make connections with your fellow students, the residence or off-campus Saint Mary’s community, and faculty and professors.
Throughout Welcome Week, you will connect with support systems and resources, meet student leaders and members of the Saint Mary’s community, and participate in fun and safe events and activities.
The purpose of Welcome Week is to offer a variety of opportunities that set new students up for success, while being inclusive and reflecting the values and culture of the University.
Welcome Week helps you:
Welcome Week at Saint Mary’s is the beginning of a series of successful transitions: social, academic, and for many, cultural. We recognize that not all of these transitions are complete after the first week, and as such, orientation is an on-going process that will include activities throughout the year.
New Student and Family Summer Kickoff
July 14, 2017
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Planning to come to SMU? Spend a day with us on campus!
The New Student and Family Summer Kick-Off is a full-day program to give you and your family a glimpse into life as a student at Saint Mary’s.
At the New Student and Family Summer Kick-Off, you get the chance to:
- Interact with other new students and families who are on the same journey as you
- Learn all about the Department of Student Services and SMUSA, and how our resources will help you succeed
- Meet faculty, staff, and students
- Learn how you can get involved in the SMU Community
- Tour the Saint Mary’s campus, and your Residence building
- Get help registering for your courses
- Obtain your SMU Student ID before everyone else
- Enjoy a complimentary BBQ lunch and enter to win a bicycle, a tuition voucher, and other great prizes!
Space is limited – let us know if you’ll be joining us by registering now!