Athletics & Recreation
Huskies Stadium - Rental Information
For Food and Beverage Service inquiries during rentals - email@example.com, Aramark Services on Campus
For Turf Rentals contact Linda Gould at 902-420-5440 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rental Fees - $107.00/hr (hst included) as of April 1, 2017
Hours - Weekdays from 6am to 11pm & Weekends from 8am to 11pm
Huskies Stadium Guidelines Open to the public when Stadium is not booked
- Individuals only
- No groups greater than 3 are permitted
- Does not permit use of our equipment or access to storage rooms
- Does not include access to building for washrooms or fountains
Bookings – include rentals, camps, official varsity activities
- When field is booked there is to be no other people using track, end zone, etc.
- SMU Track team and SMU trainers are permitted to use the outside lane as long as rental/user had no objection
Groups who have used in past and are not-longer permitted – must book and pay a rental fee
- Outside hockey trainers and athletes
- School track teams
- Organized groups
For safety and performance reasons the following usage rules are to be enforced and apply to all users:
- No throwing heavy items against turf (medicine balls, dumb bells etc.)
- No dragging equipment, nets, training items across turf (tires, sleds etc.) Any metal surfaces will cause damage. Mylar based items are permitted (black sled only)
- No metal spikes permitted
- Proper turf shoes are recommended
- Repeated high usage of specific areas will cause damage
- Practice corner and penalty kicks from different areas instead of just one spot
- Digging out the infill for kicking or other reasons is not permitted at any time
- No throwing heavy items against turf (medicine balls, weight etc.)
- No dragging equipment, nets, training items across turf (tires, sleds etc.)
- No metal spikes
- No more than 3 mil pin spikes recommended on shoes
- The pavement area below patio can be used for throwing heavy items for training.
- No items are to be thrown again any walls inside or outside the Homburg Centre.
- The turf will be scheduled to be groomed weekly. Please respect the drivers and clear and stay off the field while they are working on it.