How to Apply for the IMPACT Program
An opportunity to gain real experience in managing real money
The IMPACT Program - A Sobey School of Business initiative
Students in the IMPACT Program manage an actual portfolio of securities—this is real money, not a simulation. As an IMPACT team member, you will:
- Gain real money management experience.
- Make contact with practicing professionals in the investment industry.
- Apply the theories learned in the classroom.
To get involved in the IMPACT Program
- The program is open to both undergraduate and MBA students.
- This is a two year program. Therefore you must have at least two years until graduation to be considered.
- Admission to the program is competitive, only a small number of students are admitted each year. At the beginning of each academic year notices will be posted and announcements made in classes inviting applications (if you do not see or hear one of these announcements, contact the Academic Director directly at the address below). The deadline for applications is normally in mid-September; no late applications are accepted so please be sure to note the specific deadline.
- Applications should include:
- A cover letter describing why you would like to be part of the IMPACT program and what skills you would bring to the program
- A resume, and
- An unofficial transcript of grades (for undergraduate students grades obtained at Saint Mary's University are sufficient, for MBA students please submit a transcript of grades from previous degrees).
- Following a first round evaluation of applications, a round of short interviews is conducted before final admission decisions are made.
- All students with an interest are encouraged to apply.
For further information on the IMPACT program or the application process, please email: IMPACT.Fund@smu.ca.