Combined, Pre-Calculus Term I and Pre-Calculus Term II meet SMU's admission requirement for the Sobey School of Business, Engineering and Science programs, and fulfills the admission requirement to most post secondary institutions.
Fall 2018 and Winter 2019
This two semester course meets SMU's admission requirement for the Sobey School of Business, Engineering and Science programs, and fulfills the admission requirement to most post secondary institutions. It is up to the student to ensure their desired post-secondary institution accepts this course.
- Elementary set theory and the real number system
- Factorization, inequalities, absolute values and interval notation
- Techniques of solving a variety of equations and inequalities in a single variable
- The Cartesian Plane and representation of ordered pairs of real numbers
- Elements of analytic geometry
- Relations, functions, and graphs with emphasis on the polynomial, exponential, logarithmic functions
- Polynomial and rational equations
- Trigonometry, inverse trigonometric functions
- Complex numbers and mathematical induction
- Matrices, determinants and system of equations
- Systems of inequalities and Sequences of Series
- Permutations, combinations, and the binomial theorem
Course Date: September 17 - November 26, 2018 AND January 21 - March 25, 2019
Day and Time: Monday and Wednesday 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Instructor: Joe MacDonald
Please note that dates/times are subject to change.