Work for ITSS
ITSS frequently hires part-time help desk staff. If you are a conscientious, hardworking, SMU student (in your second year or later) with an interest in technology and customer service, we may have a position for you.
Part Time Help Desk Staff
- Providing IT support to students, faculty, and staff
- Troubleshooting computer, network, and phone-related problems
- Creating, updating, and maintaining articles for ITSS
- Entering service calls into ITSS call tracking system
- Assigning service calls to Tier 2 ITSS support as required
- Escalating system outages immediately to management
- Completing other duties as required
- Must have achieved at least 2nd year of study at Saint Mary’s
- Prior knowledge of Microsoft Application Software, SMUport, Self-Service Banner etc.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate competence in troubleshooting IT-related issues
- Confident to work independently
- Able to share and work as part of a team
Please Note: Currently we require only those students who are available for shifts mainly between 8:30 am - 1pm, or 1pm - 5:30 pm, Monday to Thursday.
To apply: Fill out the application form and submit it along with a resume, two letters of reference from professors or employers, and an outline of your hours of availability. Please email the entire application to Lorraine Helson.