The Major Program
To obtain a major in Irish Studies, forty-two (42) credit hours are required, including:
- IRST 1201.1(.2) An Introduction to Modern Irish
- IRST 1202.1(.2) Modern Irish Language
- IRST 2325.1(.2) Intermediate Irish I
- IRST 2326.1(.2) Intermediate Irish II
- IRST 3460.1(.2)/HIST 3460.1(.2) Issues in Modern Irish History
- IRST 3470.1(.2) Irish Studies Seminar
Plus twenty-four (24) credit hours, twelve (12) credit hours of which must be at the 3000 level and approved by the Co-ordinator of Irish studies.
The Minor Program
The following program constitutes a minor in Irish Studies according to the “Requirements for the Degree of Bachelor of Arts” as stated in Section 3 of the Calendar:
Six (6) credit hours in IRST at the 1000 level
Plus eighteen (18) credit hours approved by the Co-ordinator of Irish Studies.
The Concentration Program