Service Excellence: FGSR
This is how the Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research measures Service Excellence:
- We are accessible. Our office hours are clearly communicated and/or displayed.
- We respond to inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
- We follow-up where appropriate and get back to our clientele within the time period to which we committed.
- We are committed to keeping abreast of campus policies, procedures, and regulations, etc. as much as possible. We are committed to consistently implementing and adhering to these.
- Resources (e.g. bulletin boards, websites, etc.) are organized and up-to-date to provide accurate advice and information to the best of our ability.
- We strive for the most up-to-date and accurate information in order to provide very high quality advice and information to our clientele.
- Our communication is friendly and supportive. We greet each visitor to our office and give a final salutation as they are leaving. We listen actively to visitors to assure that we understand their issue(s). We use plain language and appropriate body language to communicate effectively. If issues are not resolved by the time the visitors leave our office, they should have a good sense of what the “next steps” are in resolving their issues.
- We strive to be as familiar as possible with all programs and services of the University. When we are not the appropriate office to address a visitor’s issue(s), we assure that we direct the visitor to the appropriate office to address the issue with clarity on who to see and what to ask.
- We will strive to inform other offices in the University of graduate students and research specific issues and processes so that when they are approached by visitors on these issues, they are not lead astray.
- We strive to create and maintain a compassionate and caring environment within our offices. We treat people with professionalism and respect, and expect the same from others.
- We are approachable. We are active listeners and interested in the issues that are brought to us by our clientele
- We try to understand the individual needs and provide individual attention to our clientele.
- We recognize that issues, concerns and problems brought to us by our clientele can be very diverse and nuanced, we are adaptable in addressing their needs.
- We commit to respond to all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Clientele returning to our offices on unresolved issues will be prioritized.
- We attempt to anticipate issues of our clientele and provide timely and appropriate resolutions to those issues.
- In response to multi-jurisdictional issues within the University, we advise our clientele on how best to navigate the University system to address their issues.
- Our workspaces are kept neat and tidy.
- Our personal appearance is kept tidy and we dress professionally.
- Confidential materials are viewable by only those that should have access to them.
- We strive to keep our presentation materials (e.g. bulletin boards) organized and as up-to-date as possible.